Adobe Photoshop CC Beginner Training
This beginner Photoshop class will have you up and running in no time, and we guarantee you will have a good time in the process. You will leave with a solid understanding of selections, layers, and basic retouching techniques
Adobe Photoshop Beginner Training--live and online!
Adobe Photoshop works by altering the pixels of an image and is the leading graphic editing program. Using Photoshop you can create as well as edit images and graphics. This beginner Photoshop class will have you up and running in no time, and we guarantee you will have a good time in the process. You will leave with a solid understanding of selections, layers, and basic retouching techniques. This Adobe Photoshop beginner training class is fully interactive, as you will be able to speak with and hear from the instructor and other students as you work in real time to complete activities within the software.
Note: While not a requirement, some students find it helpful to attend this class using two computer monitors. This will allow for one screen to always display the instructor's screen, and the other for you to use as you follow along with the instructor.
Where is this class held?
This is a live, online class led by a field expert; and just like an in-person class, it is fully interactive and engaging. The difference between an online and onsite class? No travel! You can participate from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Many of our students choose to stay home from work on these training days, some never even changing out of their slippers! Where applicable, students are able to speak with and hear from the instructor and other participants throughout the course as they work in real-time to complete activities.
Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
You are eligible to receive CEUs for completing this course. Learn more about CEUs here.
Need something a little more personal?
We understand your team might have specific training needs and we would love to work with you. We offer both online and on-site instructor-led, fully customizable courses tailored to your Adobe Photoshop training needs.
Here's What is Covered
- Getting to Know the Work Area (a quick overview of the CS5 interface)
- Adobe Bridge (see how to manage all your digital images using the enhanced CS6 Bridge software)
- Working with Selections (learn how to use the basic selection tools, including the Marquee, Lasso, Magic Wand and Quick Select, which allow you to focus your corrections to specific parts of an image)
- Layer Basics (a look at how layers are used to accomplish non-destructive editing of complex images)
- Masks & Channels (learn intermediate level selection techniques, including saving selections, refining a saved selection in the Channels panel and using masks to selectively hide pixels on a layer without damaging the file)
- Basic Photo Corrections (learn the eight general steps to effective photo retouching, and how to prepare files for a print workflow)
- Retouching and Repairing (focus on the flaw and blemish repair tools, including the Clone Stamp tool, the Healing Brush, the Patch tool and the Red Eye removal tool.)