Don’t let these common grammar pitfalls waylay you. In this class we examine the most common—and the most noticeable—grammar and punctuation wrong turns and give you a roadmap to correcting them.
This class will cover:
- Sentence Fragment or Run-On Sentence
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Pronoun Case: who v. whom
- Pronoun-Antecedent Agreement: To each theirown?
- Subjunctive Mood: If I were a rich man….
- Adverbs: She moved quiet[ly] as a mouse
- Verb Tense: If I knew…or if I had known?
- Run-on sentences
- Common Comma Problems
- How to use a Semicolon
- Do I capitalize after a colon? and other style questions…
- What is the difference between which and that?
- Comma before or after the quotation mark?
About Your Instructor
Jennie Ruby is a veteran IconLogic trainer and author of Editing with Word 2007. Jennie specializes in electronic editing. At the American Psychological Association, she was manager of electronic publishing and manager of technical editing and journal production.
Jennie has an M.A. from George Washington University and is a Certified Technical Trainer (Chauncey Group). She is a publishing professional with 20 years of experience in writing, editing and desktop publishing.