Adobe FrameMaker is the industry standard for publishing and authoring XML and unstructured content. This live, online, instructor-led course is two days and is designed for the beginner FrameMaker user. You will begin the course by creating a new, blank document. By the end of the course, you will have learned to use Paragraph and Character formatting, Master Pages, tables and more to complete a multi-page layout. This class is fully interactive, as you will be able to speak with and hear from the instructor and other students as you work in real time to complete activities within the software.
Note: While not a requirement, some students find it helpful to attend this class using two computer monitors. This will allow for one screen to always display the instructor's screen, and the other for you to use as you follow along with the instructor.
FrameMaker Course Content
- Working with FrameMaker Documents. Overview of the FrameMaker interface and feature set.
- Defining FrameMaker Paragraph Formats. Create a new document from scratch and learn how to create and define text formats, at both the paragraph and character level. (This includes body text, headings, numbered and bulleted lists, and numbered paragraphs.)
- Defining FrameMaker Color & Character Formats. Learn how to define custom colors in your FrameMaker document, and apply the colors automatically using Paragraph and Character formats.
- FrameMaker Page Layouts. Harness the power of FrameMaker’s Master Pages to define page numbers, headers and footers. You will learn to create dynamic headers and footers that pull data off the page, and update automatically as the data is revised.
- Working with Graphics in FrameMaker. Take a look at how to use FrameMaker’s drawing toolbox to add basic shapes to your publication.
- Editing FrameMaker Documents. In addition to basic skills like Find/change and spell check, you will learn to define variables for frequently updated strings of text (i.e., product names, numbers).
- Working with FrameMaker Tables. Laying out data tables is a cumbersome job in many page layout programs, but FrameMaker’s table formats automate the task. Learn how to import an Excel table into FrameMaker and control the formatting.
Note: Space is limited. Reserve your space today.
About Your Instructor
Barbara Binder started in the publishing field in 1986 with PageMaker's first release for Windows. She has been delivering corporate training as a free-lance instructor since 1987, mostly in the Washington, D.C area. In 2005, she moved to the foothills west of Denver to escape the congestion and the craziness of life "inside the Beltway."
In addition to being the owner of Rocky Mountain Training near Denver, Colorado, Barb holds current Adobe certifications on Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, PhotoShop and InCopy. As an Adobe Certified Instructor with more than 20 years of classroom experience, she is ready to deliver the training needed to help you improve your publishing workflow.
Barbara was recently recognized by Adobe Systems, Inc., as one of the Top Five Most Highly-Rated Adobe Certified Instructors Worldwide for July through December 2007.