Articulate Storyline advanced provides students with the knowledge and hands-on practice they need to develop and build advanced interactions, extend the functionality of Storyline, and have a better understanding of Storyline project workflow.
This class is for those who are familiar with the basic features of Storyline such as creating slides, layers, triggers, working with timelines, importing text, characters, videos, creating simple tests and other basic functions and would like to gain deeper knowledge of Storyline. This class builds upon fundamental skills in Storyline Essentials by providing students with hands-on practice extending Storyline capabilities, and customizing the learner experience. In this class we will explore many media features in depth including best practices for audio and video, animations, storyline variables, conditional triggers, cue points, and student reporting. Additionally, in this class we cover Scenario-based Learning and Instructional Path Models.
- Fully Branding a Storyline Template
- Understanding Scenario Based Learning
- Create custom scenarios in Storyline
- Understanding Instructional Path Model
- Work with audio and video
- Use detailed graphic properties
- Implement interactive objects
- Use and display project variables
- Combine Storyline features into seamless and integrated products.
- Use the Timeline, Scenes, and Layers more efficiently
- Prepare a Storyline project for use with a Learning Management System
- Tips and Techniques
- Best Practices
Note: While not a requirement, some students find it helpful to attend this class using two computer monitors. This will allow for one screen to always display the instructor's screen, and the other for you to use as you follow along with the instructor.
Where is this class held?
This is a live, online class led by a field expert; and just like an in-person class, it is fully interactive and engaging. The difference between an online and onsite class? No travel! You can participate from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Many of our students choose to stay home from work on these training days, some never even changing out of their slippers! Where applicable, students are able to speak with and hear from the instructor and other participants throughout the course as they work in real-time to complete activities.
Need something a little more personal?
We understand your team might have specific training needs and we would love to work with you. We offer both online and on-site instructor-led, fully customizeable courses tailored to your Articulate Storyline training needs.
Lesson 1: Themes & Templates
- Create a Theme
- Format a Master Slide
- Create Layouts
- Save a Theme
- Load a Theme
- Add Slide Navigation to the Slide Master
- Create Variables
- Add Triggers for a Progress Indicator
- Create and Use a Template
Lesson 2: Custom Navigation
- Create a Motion Path
- Change Motion Path Options
- Change the Duration of a Motion Path
- Add a Second Motion Path to an Object
- Delete Specific Triggers
- Edit “When” a Trigger Occurs
- Add Triggers that Reset Motion Paths
- Copy and Edit a Trigger
- Add Triggers that Disable States
- Add Triggers that Enable States
- Add a Trigger to Show a Layer
Lesson 3: Gamification
- Start and Stop Media
- Change the Hover State
- Make a Trigger Conditional
- Show Layers Conditionally
- Hide Objects Using States
- Adjust a Variable
- Change a State Based on When
- Calculate a Score
- Adjust Variables Dynamically
Lesson 4: Video Control and Sliders
- Work with Web Objects
- Edit Video Parameters
- Add Cue Points to the Timeline
- Add Triggers Based on Cue Points
- Change a Character’s State Based on Time
- Insert and Format a Slider
- Set Slider Values
- Add Triggers to a Slider
- Module 5: Advanced Quizzing
Lesson 5: Advanced Quizzing
- Modify Drag and Drop Questions
- Add an Image as Question Feedback
- Set Remediation
- Import Questions From a File
- Create a Random Quiz
- Redirect a Quiz
Lesson 6: Extending Storyline
Lesson 7: Accessibility and Reporting
- Make an Image Accessible
- Control Accessibility Visibility
- Edit the Tab Order
- Add a Keyboard Shortcut to a Button
- Add Closed Captions
- Upload a Project to an LMS
Note: The lessons outlined above comprise activities typically covered in a class of this skill level. The instructor may, at the instructor's discretion, alter the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
About Your Instructor
Kal Hadi is a Certified Adobe Instructor with CompTIA CTT+ credentials. He has over 15 years of experience in the field of computer graphics, imaging and electronic publishing. He was recognized by Adobe as one of the top five trainers worldwide in 2009. He is a graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology Electronic Publishing graduate program. He is also the author of many books and papers in the fields of graphics and web publishing.