You’ve seen them on YouTube, websites, in emails …even on television: animated videos with characters that walk, gesture, point to a whiteboard, perform complex, industry-specific actions, or just talk directly into the camera—and you’ve dismissed them as being too expensive or difficult to create. Surely you can’t afford to have a production company create something custom for your latest compliance training initiative or HR video. And there’s simply no way you can create those animated characters yourself! Think again! It turns out that many of those videos were created with GoAnimate, an easy-to-use animated video creation tool.
While creating videos with GoAnimate is fairly simple, making a good video requires a fair amount of forethought. Sure, you could log in to GoAnimate and create a video. But an effective video needs to tell a story. In this live, hands-on, instructor-led class, you’ll learn how to plan the action seen onscreen via storyboarding. What will your video characters say when they’re onscreen? You’ll learn some key pointers about writing an audio script. Then you’ll learn how to use GoAnimate to create a video from the ground up. You’ll create backgrounds, characters, and animations in GoAnimate that will bring your story to life.
Do you already have fully designed and corporate-branded PowerPoint slides? Great! You’ll learn how to bring those assets into GoAnimate as the basis for a new training video. Then you’ll add an animated character to act as the presenter, and record your own audio.
Once your GoAnimate video is finished and published, you can upload it to an LMS or video hosting platform. But wait. Perhaps you need to wrap your video around interactivity. Maybe you are required to create a quiz for your video. No problem. It’s easy to import a published GoAnimate video into an off-the-shelf eLearning development tool such as Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline. Once the video has been added to the eLearning tool, it’s easy to use that tool to create interactive elements such as a quiz. During this class, you’ll see a demonstration of that process.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is for anyone tasked with creating video for an an eLearning course—including Project managers, developers, instructional designers, or others who need to develop for eLearning. Whether you have a course currently in the works, or you just want to be prepared in time for your next project, this course is for you.
Where is this class held?
This is a live, online class led by a field expert; and just like an in-person class, it is fully interactive and engaging. The difference between an online and onsite class? No travel! You can participate from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Many of our students choose to stay home from work on these training days, some never even changing out of their slippers! Where applicable, students are able to speak with and hear from the instructor and other participants throughout the course as they work in real-time to complete activities.
Need something a little more personal?
We understand your team might have specific training needs and we would love to work with you. We offer both online and on-site instructor-led, fully customizable courses tailored to your training needs.
During this hands-on class, you will create multiple videos that feature animated characters. You’ll write a script, storyboard, create scenes with animated characters, and add audio voiceover. Then you’ll watch as the video is combined with Adobe Captivate to create interactive, SCORM-compliant eLearning.
During the class you will:
- Write a script
Create storyboards two ways
- With sketches and a time-honored grid-based system
- By using PowerPoint slides and content
Learn GoAnimate basics
- Choose a template or background
- Add text
- Add characters
- Add props
- Create custom characters in character-creator
- Create corporate-branded eLearning starting from PowerPoint
- Import a pre-designed and branded PowerPoint deck
- Add a character as a pedagogical agent (instructor)
- Record your voice directly in GoAnimate
- Watch your animated character lip-sync your voice
- Animate slide elements from your PowerPoint file
- Deciding on key objectives and core concepts
- Make and animate a character
- Stand and sit
- Gesture and pose
- Change facial expressions
- Walk and perform other complex motions
- Add dialogue, with or without an action, and lipsync
- Identifying the steps in the eLearning development process
- Add Audio
- Import professional voiceover narration and character voices
- Watch the character lip-sync to the voice
- Record your voice directly into GoAnimate
- Learn about recording and editing your voice separately, to import as an MP3
- Add background music
- Add a sound-effect
- Estimating the budget
Learn how to incorporate your animated video into eLearning
See a live demo of
- Downloading a GoAnimate video
- Embedding the video into an existing Adobe Captivate project
- Adding a quiz and other interactive elements
- Creating a SCORM-compliant file suitable for distribution through a Learning Management System (LMS)
About Your Instructor
Jennie Ruby is a veteran IconLogic trainer and author of Editing with Word 2007. Jennie specializes in electronic editing. At the American Psychological Association, she was manager of electronic publishing and manager of technical editing and journal production.
Jennie has an M.A. from George Washington University and is a Certified Technical Trainer (Chauncey Group). She is a publishing professional with 20 years of experience in writing, editing and desktop publishing.