Here is what is covered in this live, two-day course:
- Anchored Frames and Graphics
- Cross-References and Footnotes
- Books and TOC
- Conditional Text
- Hypertext and PDF
- HTML and Web Publishing
Where is this class held?
This is a live, online class led by a field expert; and just like an in-person class, it is fully interactive and engaging. The difference between an online and onsite class? No travel! You can participate from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection. Many of our students choose to stay home from work on these training days, some never even changing out of their slippers! Where applicable, students are able to speak with and hear from the instructor and other participants throughout the course as they work in real-time to complete activities.
Need something a little more personal?
We understand your team might have specific training needs and we would love to work with you. We offer both online and on-site instructor-led, fully customizable courses tailored to your Adobe FrameMaker training needs.
- Anchored Frames and Graphics (define a variety of anchored frames that move with the text)
- Cross-References and Footnotes (add & customize cross-references and insert & format footnotes)
- Books and TOC (pull multiple chapters into a book and learn how to control page numbering, and then generate a table of contents for the entire book)
- Indexes (add index markers to your chapters, and generate an Index from the completed book)
- Conditional Text (learn how to use conditional text to create multiple versions of a single document)
- Hypertext and PDF (create PDF files from your Frame chapters files and book files)
- HTML and Web Publishing (use the reference pages to control the mapping of your FrameMaker styles to the closest equivalent HMTL codes, and convert your FrameMaker chapter or book to HTML for posting to a web page)
A copy of the coursebook and the data files will be sent to you prior to the start of the class.
About Your Instructor
Barbara Binder started in the publishing field in 1986 with PageMaker's first release for Windows. She has been delivering corporate training as a free-lance instructor since 1987, mostly in the Washington, D.C area. In 2005, she moved to the foothills west of Denver to escape the congestion and the craziness of life "inside the Beltway."
In addition to being the owner of Rocky Mountain Training near Denver, Colorado, Barb holds current Adobe certifications on Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, PhotoShop and InCopy. As an Adobe Certified Instructor with more than 20 years of classroom experience, she is ready to deliver the training needed to help you improve your publishing workflow.
Barbara was recently recognized by Adobe Systems, Inc., as one of the Top Five Most Highly-Rated Adobe Certified Instructors Worldwide for July through December 2007.